Best Hybrid Bicycle (Bikes) Reviews 2017 – The Ultimate Buyer’s Guide
Whether is it for leisure riding, urban cycling, or commuting, a hybrid bike can prove to be beneficial in more ways than one. It combines the features that are typical of a mountain and road bike, making it possible to enjoy the best of both worlds. With the best hybrid bicycle (bike), you will be able to enjoy the highest level of comfort. This, however, is provided that you carefully evaluate the possibilities and make the right choice.
Clueless about which one to pick? Keep on reading the rest of this post and we will provide you with insights on some of the most important things that should be taken into account. We will have short reviews of some of the bikes that can deliver the best bang for the buck.
Top 5 Best Hybrid Bicycle (Bikes) Reviews
Here are five of the best products that can be taken into account.
1. Northwoods Springdale Women’s 21-speed Hybrid Bicycle
If budget is an issue, there is no need to worry. With this hybrid bike, even if you do not spend a fortune, you will be able to enjoy a high-quality product. It is stylish and can deliver a dependable performance without hurting the wallet.
The versatility of this bike is one thing that might convince you to have it chosen above other options that are available in the market. It is equipped with Shimano derailleur, which comes with 21 speeds, allowing you to choose which one is best for your ride.
It is equipped with 700c wheels, which are built with premium quality. They are built in such a way that they can effectively absorb shock and provide the highest level of comfort.
The frame of the bike is made from alloy. This makes it lightweight and durable, making it an excellent investment.
The upright comfort rise handlebars is also a good thing. This optimizes the riding position, making it contributory as well in promoting the highest level of comfort.
- Sturdy frame
- Affordable price
- Looks stylish and cool
- Brakes can squeak
- Manual lacks clear and specific instructions
2. Schwinn Capitol 700c Men’s Hybrid Bicycle
Among other things, the aluminum hybrid frame of this bike is one of its most impressive features. The excellent choice of material gives it a distinction, especially because it makes it lightweight in the absence of compromising durability. Because of the material used, it can also resist corrosion.
It also has Shimano 21 speed gearing. This will make it not only versatile, but will also make shifting gears as effortless as possible. The bike can be optimized for riding in different surface conditions.
Thinking about your comfort? There is no need to worry with this bike. It comes with suspension seat post, providing you with the highest level of comfort.
The handlebar is also well-designed and is equipped with an adjustable stem. You can have it modified depending on what is most comfortable for your riding position.
Lastly, it is also a good thing that this hybrid bike has alloy linear pull brakes, providing it with exceptional stopping power. This makes it effortless to stop the bike when you need to do so.
- Lightweight and durable frame
- Comfortable seat
- Easy to assemble
- Seat is close to the handlebar
- Can be uncomfortable in rough surfaces
3. Schwinn Men’s Siro 700c Hybrid Bicycle
The speed of this bike is one thing that is often praised. It can run from 12 to 13 miles per hour, which is pretty much impressive for a hybrid bike.
Even if you are biking at a fast sped, you can be confident of your safety. This is made possible by its linear pull brake, which gives it a strong stopping power.
The adjustable handlebar step is another feature that is worth commending in this hybrid bike. This will provide you with complete control on the bike. You can have it adjusted depending on what you find to be most comfortable.
The design of the tires give it another advantage above many others. It is thicker than most of the tires, and hence, it can be more efficient in different types of surfaces, even in rough surfaces.
Lastly, it comes with limited lifetime warranty, which is more than enough to convince you to have it chosen above other models that are available in the market. The extensive warranty coverage is a reflection of how the manufacturer is confident about the quality of their bike.
- Excellent speed
- High-quality components
- Comes with a reasonable price
- No rear gear
- Can be complicated to assemble
4. Schwinn Odana 700c Women’s 16 Hybrid Bike
When looking for the best hybrid bicycle, one of the most important things that should be considered is the design of the frame, which will be indicative of overall quality and performance. In the case of this model, it is designed with an aluminum frame, which is able to offer the benefit of being lightweight while also having exceptional strength, allowing it to last long.
To be able to deliver the highest level of comfort, there are adjustments that can be made, allowing you to have it modified based on your preferences. The handlebar and the seat can be customized based on what you prefer.
In terms of safety and stopping power, you will also be impressed with what can be delivered by this bike. This is made possible by the high-quality V-brakes integrated in the bike.
To be able to promote maximum comfort for the user, it is integrated with a soft hybrid seat. The addition of a spring is also a good thing, making it possible to effectively absorb shock.
- Well-padded and comfortable seat
- Minimal effort required for assembly
- Easy and smooth shifting
- Adjusting handlebar can be tricky
- Seat can be small for some users
5. Critical Cycles Beaumont-7 Urban City Commuter Bike
If you are looking for a hybrid bike that is excellent in terms of aesthetics, this should be on the top of the list. It has a retro-inspired style, making it look really cool. For sure, you will turn heads when you use this bike.
More than its style, this bike is also excellent because of having components that are superior in terms of quality and functionality. One of the perfect examples of such if the Revoshift Grip Twist shifter. This will make it easy to shift gears, while also optimizing your comfort while riding.
It is also worth noting that it comes with 700x35C Wanda tires. The latter is responsible for absorbing shock and for having an impressive grip in different surfaces. When complemented with the design of its brakes, this makes it possible to promote your safety.
Lastly, it is also 85% pre-assembled. The assembly can be a snap, although there are some people who complained that the manual provided by the manufacturer does not help.
- Stylish design
- High-quality components
- Impressive stopping power
- Instructions are hard to understand
- A bit heavy
Best Hybrid Bike Brands
As you try to choose which hybrid bike to purchase, brand name is one of the factors that will come into play. It would be better to choose a well-established and reputable brand than one that is made by a company that you have not heard of. In this case, some of the best brands that are currently available in the market include:
- Kent: This international company is focused in creating high-quality products that will keep you moving. It is an umbrella brand that operates other names that are equally popular, such as Northwoods. The company is family-owned and has been in the business since 1909.
- Schwinn: Operating under Pacific Cycle, they have an extensive line of hybrid bikes, as well as other types of bikes. The company is also known for producing bikes that are perfect for all ages and all types of riders, from kids to racers.
- Critical Cycles: Based in Los Angeles, this is another company that has achieved global fame because of the superior quality of the bike that they design. The company is inspired by the great outdoors, providing them with the motivation to create products that their customers will love.
Things to Consider in Buying Hybrid Bike
Given the abundance of the choices that are available for the best hybrid bike, which one should you choose? In this section, we will identify some of the most important factors that should be taken into account, making it easier for you to make your choice.
The frame of hybrid bikes are made not only to deliver a high level of comfort, but also to improve efficiency of pedaling. The benefits, however, will depend on the materials of the frame that will be chosen. In this case, the following are some of the best materials that can be taken into account:
- High Tensile Steel: It might be heavy and it can be prone to rusting, but it can offer a wide array of benefits, such as its unrivalled strength and affordable price, which makes it perfect for an entry-level bike.
- Chromoly Steel: This is another type of steel frame, but it is more expensive compared to high tensile steel. It can also be prone to rusting. Nonetheless, it is affordable and can offer a great ride.
- Aluminum: If you are looking for a bike that can prove to be lightweight, which will be easier to ride, this is the perfect material of choice. It is also strong and more importantly, it can resist corrosion. Even through the years, it will look like new.
- Carbon Fiber: This is perhaps the best choice for a frame. The problem, however, is that it is also the most expensive, making it common in the high-end models. This is also the most durable and the lightest from the materials that are available in the market.
The design and quality of the seat will be another important consideration in making the right choice. It should be well-cushioned and must be able to accommodate your size. Otherwise, you will most probably complain of discomfort, especially when biking for an extended period of time. The amount of the padding should not be too much. If it is more than what you need, there is a tendency that that you will be riding forward.
Safety is one of the most important considerations when biking. Therefore, when looking for a hybrid bike, pay attention to the design of the brake. Make sure that it is going to provide the bike with incredible stopping power. V-brakes are amongst the most common, but such is highly recommended only if you intend to bike in dry surfaces. Disc brakes are the best as they can handle both wet and dry conditions. This means that regardless of the surface, you can be confident that it will be easy to stop the bike.
Wheels and Tires
It is typical of hybrid bikes to have 700c wheels. Nonetheless, choices can vary depending on what you personally find to be best suited for your personal preferences. For road focused riding, 28c to 35c tires can prove to be a promising choice. For both train and road, on the other hand, 35c to 40c tires can be the ideal choice. Meanwhile, choose 40c to 50c tires if comfort is more important for you than speed. See to it that they are well-constructed, making it long-lasting, in spite of the surface conditions.
Now that you have reached the end of this post, we hope that you have been enlightened, making it easier for you to choose the best hybrid bicycle. Price should never be the only factor that will affect your decision. You should read reviews and learn from other people. Go back to what we have discussed above, and for sure, it will be a snap for you to make the right pick. While there are many bikes that are available in the market, they are not all equal. This makes it critical to be responsible in differentiating the options that you will be confronted with.