How To Burn 3,000 Calories a Day: Here’s What You Should Do
To lose weight – this is a common goal for many people, but sadly, a lot end up being frustrated. For sure, it is easier said than done. The harsh reality of life is that it is going to require discipline and effort on you end. You need to have a religious exercise routine and you also need to be wiser with your food choices. It entails a holistic change in lifestyle. To make things easier, keep on reading and we’ll recommend some of the best ways on how to burn 3,000 calories a day.
How to Burn 3,000 Calories a Day
Thinking of how this can be possible? The following are some of the steps that can be taken into consideration. They may seem to be difficult at first, but once you get started, as long as you are committed to your goal, things will be a lot easier.
- Ride a Bike: Biking is one of the best forms of exercise because it works out the different parts of the body. From the upper to the lower body, it is going to deliver a high level of effectiveness. The best thing is that it can be done both indoors and outdoors. You can ride a mountain bike or you can also get an indoor recumbent bike. Mountain biking for 30 minutes will allow you to burn up to 510 calories. Therefore, to be able to burn 3,000 calories in a day, you need to bike for about three hours. To make the workout more intense, choose uphill routes with rough terrains. You will be exerting more effort, and hence, you will be able to burn more.
- Running: Another excellent form of exercise that can be effective in burning calories would be running. If you live near a park or within a neighborhood with lush greenery, you should run as much as you could. Running will burn up to 850 calories in an hour. With this, if you want to burn 3,000 calories in a day, you should run at least 4 hours. Like in the case of biking, you can run uphill so that you will be using more force and burn more calories within a shorter span of time.
- Sports: This is another good way to be active and to lose weight. You can even do it with your buddies, which is why it will never be boring. Boxing and squash will allow you to burn 800 calories per hour. Swimming can burn 700 calories in an hour. With these activities, you need four to five hours to be able to burn 3,000 calories in a day.
- Diet: At the end of the day, it is not enough that you keep on moving. Another thing that is important is having a strict diet. You need to have a low calorie diet. Eat foods that are rich in fiber so that you will feel full. Vegetables and whole grains should form a big part of your diet. There are also zero calorie foods that you can consume, such as apples. They will provide the nutrition that you need without the need to be guilty because of what you have eaten.
Tips to Keep in Mind
If you are thinking about how to burn 3,000 calories a day, aside from following the suggestions above, here are some tips that you will also find helpful.
- Make it a Habit: This should be a long-term goal. With this, make this a mantra. Do not do it just for a couple of days. Every morning, when you wake up, remind yourself of your goal and you will surely find it a lot easier to be disciplined.
- Start Small: Getting started is probably going to be the hardest part. The first few days will require adjustments. With this, it will be good to start with baby steps. Start on a week burning 1,000 calories daily and slowly adjust until you are comfortable with losing 3,000 calories in a day.
- Find a Buddy: There are some things in life that are better done with someone else, and one of such would be your weight loss journey. Have a family, friend, or significant other join you. For sure, this is going to keep you motivated.
- Create a Plan: List down the things that you wish to do to be able to lose 3,000 calories in a day. Plan your schedule so that you will have time to exercise. At all times, stick to your plan, even when there are days when you can be tempted to deviate from such.
- Be Disciplined: This is the most important thing about your weight loss journey. There are temptations that will be encountered along the way, but you should be firm. Learn how to say no.