Top 3 Best Hybrid Bike for Women in 2017
When searching for the best hybrid bike for women, most of you will be probably overwhelmed because of the abundance of the options that are available. You may end up with confusion, especially as each brand tries to aggressively sell their products, and sometimes resort into false claims. With this, it is important to be always cautious. Read reviews from people who have actually used different hybrid women’s bike.
Do you need help in finding the right one? We are here to extend a helping hand. Keep on reading the rest of this post and we will provide you with insights on some of the most important things that should be taken into account.
Essential Considerations in Choosing the Best Women’s Hybrid Bikes
To end up with the right choice, make sure to consider the factors that will be briefly mentioned below:
- Frame: One of the first things that should be looked at would be the main material that is used in the frame. This is going to have a huge impact on the overall quality of the bike, including its weight and durability. Generally speaking, the following are three of the materials that are commonly used in hybrid bikes for women:
- Aluminum: From the three materials, this usually has the shortest lifespan. Generally speaking, it can last anywhere from five to ten years. However, it is a good thing that this can effectively resist rust and corrosion. It is also preferred by many because it is lightweight.
- Carbon Fiber: This is the lightest and longest lasting from the three materials. Consequently, this is also the most expensive. However, you should not mind spending for such a product because it is guaranteed to provide you with functionality and quality that will be hard to rival.
- Steel: This is an excellent choice if you are looking for a bike that will last for many years. However, the problem with this frame is that it can be heavy. This is not advisable for uphill biking. It can also be prone to rust and corrosion, which will have a negative effect on its lifespan.
- Seat: If you are thinking about your comfort, you should consider the design of the seat. It will be good if it comes with an adjustable height, which will allow you to have it modified based on what you personally find to be most comfortable. It is also good to choose one that is well-padded. Nonetheless, you have to be careful and make sure that it is not over-padded. With too much cushioning, your overall riding experience can be affected.
- Wheels: It is important that they are made with the right size. To add, they should also be made from high-quality materials, which means that they should stay inflated for a long time. They must be able to resist corrosion and rusting. They must also offer excellent shock absorption, which will be vital for your comfort. Another thing that will be essential would be the traction, which will allow you to use the bike in a variety of surfaces.
- Handlebar: This is one thing that many people fail to consider in spite of its importance. We suggest that you pick one that comes with an adjustable handlebar. You must be able to have it customized based on your height in order to optimize comfort.
- Gear: The importance of this component lies on the versatility of the hybrid bike. The more gearing options there are, the more versatile the bike can prove to be. It should be effortless for you to shift from one gear to another. Shimano is one of the best brands when it comes to gears.
Top 3 Best Hybrid Bike for Women
Still clueless about which one to choose? Below, we will discuss some of the models that will surely deliver the highest level of satisfaction.
1. Schwinn Women's Wayfare Hybrid Bike S4023D
Brand name – this is one of the best things about this model, which should be more than enough to convince you to have it chosen above others. The company has gained global reputation, which is a testament to the quality of their product.
The 7-speed Shimano gear that is integrated in this hybrid bike for women is another feature that is commendable, allowing it to offer versatility. Whether you want to go downhill or uphill, fast or slow, the gearing component will provide you with complete control of the bike.
One more thing that we loved about the bike is its retro design. It has a vintage appeal that is sure to captivate the attention of anyone who will see it.
The Limited Lifetime Warranty that is offered by the manufacturer is another feature that gives it a distinction from its competitors. However, make sure to read the terms and conditions specified by the manufacturer to make sure that you will be eligible for their warranty.
- Extensive warranty coverage
- Well-padded seat
- Designed with a rear carrier
- Assembly can be tricky
- Fender quality could have been better
2. Diamond Bicycles 2016 Women’s Vital 2 Complete Hybrid Bike
Among others, the suspension fork is one of the most exceptional components of the bike, giving it an edge above many others. The latter is designed in such a way that it can effectively absorb shock, which is influential of your comfort.
The frame is equally impressive. It is made from 6061-T6 aluminum. The latter is a material that has gained reputation not only for being lightweight, but also for being long-lasting, especially because it can resist rust and corrosion.
It also comes with 7-speed Drive Terrain from Shimano. This is complemented with Easy Fire trigger shifters. With the combination of the two, you can be confident that shifting will be smooth and effortless on your end.
Lastly, it is color purple! Do we need to say more? Women who are looking for a hybrid bike will surely love it!
- Well-built and has high-quality components
- Provides a comfortable ride
- Smooth shifting
- No kickstand
- Factory manual does not provide detailed instructions
3. Schwinn Women’s Mica 2.0 Hybrid Bike, Black 16-inch/Small
As you try to evaluate the options that are available in the market, you have to take a look at the quality of the frame, which will be indicative of its overall performance. It has an aluminum frame, which is a good thing since it is lightweight and durable.
Another thing that is worth noting is the fact that it comes with 24 speeds. This means that you can use it in various road conditions and you can be sure that its performance will not be compromised.
The inclusion of front and rear linear pull brakes also deserve to be highlighted. This provides the bike with incredible stopping power, and hence, providing you with peace of mind when it comes to your safety.
Lastly, it comes with black alloy wheels. Like the frame of the bike, it is good since it does not add any significant weight to the bike, while also providing you with the guarantee that it will be long-lasting.
- Lightweight frame
- Easy to assemble
- Hard to find
- Lacks style
By now, we hope that it is easier for you to decide which should be chosen as the best hybrid bike for women. As it has been pointed out earlier, things will not be easy. Nonetheless, this should not be an excuse for you to make your pick without having to thoroughly evaluate the possibilities. To be provided with the best bang for the buck, take a look at the technical specifications. Go beyond price and design. Learn from the experiences of other people. Do not buy one product only because it looks good or it has an affordable price. At the end of the day, it is the performance of the bike that should matter the most.