Best Entry Level Road Bikes in 2016
Are you searching for the best entry level road bikes? You are in the right place. In the rest of this guide, we will take a look at some of the top choices that can provide the best value for the money. These are excellent choices for beginners who are clueless about what to look for in the best road bike.
Even if there are many choices on the market, this should not give you an excuse to make a decision in haste. You should be responsible enough to take a deeper look at each model and see how it compares with other products.
Affordable Bikes, They Can Be Premium Too
A lot of people assume that if you want to enjoy a product with superior quality, you need to spend a fortune. Yes, this is true in some cases. However, there are also some instances wherein you can enjoy an exceptional product without the need to punch holes on your wallet. This is the case with entry level road bikes. As long as you assume that part of a responsible buyer, you will be able to find a product that you will not regret.
To be sure that an affordable bike will deliver premium quality, it is important to pay attention to the factors mentioned below, among other things:
- Size: The fit of the bike is one of the first things that should be taken into consideration. By choosing the right size, you can have an assurance of your comfort. If the fit is wrong, you are at risk of suffering from back injury and carpal tunnel, among others. To find the right size, consider your height and weight. It will also be good if you can fit the bike first before it is purchased.
- Components: You also need to take a look at the different parts of the bike and make sure that they will be contributory towards overall quality. It is important to have components that will withstand the test of time and that they will not require heavy maintenance. The chains, pedals, brakes, and shift gear should also be made with superior quality in mind.
- Comfort: For beginners and even for the pros, comfort will also be critical in deciding which one is the best. One of the things that should be looked at would be the construction of the seat. It should be cushioned and should be adjustable, providing you with the ability to have it positioned based on what you are most comfortable with. The suspension should also be impressive in order to absorb shock effectively and to minimize fatigue.
- Frame: The quality and durability of the frame is another factor that should be given careful thought. Since you are looking for a road bike, it is important to be sure that it is going to withstand the tough outdoors. Steel is the most popular choice because of its durability and affordable price. A more modern alternative, however, is carbon fiber. They are comfortable, durable, and lightweight, although most of them will most likely be costly.
- Wheels: Even if you are looking for an affordable bike, this does not mean that you should compromise the quality of the wheel. The latter is in fact the one that will have the biggest influence on the performance of the road bike. In some instances, you can buy a bike that is cheap, but you can replace its wheels with expensive ones, if preferred.
- Feedbacks: It will also help if you will consult with what other people have to say. Their opinions will make it a lot easier for you to see how one product is better than the other. Through the experiences and insights of other people, you can narrow down the possibilities and increase the likelihood of finding a bike that is affordable, yet performance is never compromised.
Top Picks for the Best Entry Level Road Bikes
1. Merax Finiss Aluminum Road Bike
Among other things, one feature that is worth noting about this product is the presence of an aluminum body frame. The latter is an innovative material that is perfect for beginners because it makes the bike lightweight, and hence, easy to maneuver. This also makes sure that the bike is going to be long-lasting.
It is also a good thing that the bike already comes 80% pre-assembled. This means that once it is taken out of the box, you do not need to exert too much effort in its assembly. This is going to make sure that putting the pieces together will be a snap to accomplish especially because it comes with comprehensive instructions from the manufacturer.
It comes with 21 speed Shimano EF51 Shifter, which is known for its exceptional quality. This will provide you with more options on how to use the bike depending on your personal preferences. Shifting will surely be effortless on your end.
Lastly, it comes with dual disc brake. This is one thing that contributes to the safety of the bike, providing it with impressive stopping power.
- Lightweight frame
- Sturdy construction
- High-quality shimano components
- Flimsy pedals
- Front tire a bit unstable
2. GMC Denali Road Bike
The aluminum construction frame of this road bike is one of the reasons why this can leave a positive impression to anyone. Although it is lightweight, however, it should be noted that durability is never compromised. It can withstand many years of tough use.
It comes fitted with 700c tires, which is another thing that gives it a distinct advantage above others within the competition. The latter can withstand the most remanding street races, providing you with the guarantee of long-lasting functionality and reliability.
The front and rear Shimano derailleur is also another thing that makes this stand out from many others on the market. The gear will make it easy to brake and will provide exceptional stopping power. This is vital for being able to promote the highest level of safety of the user.
Lastly, the construction of the bike saddle is also worth highlighting. It is built to promote the highest level of comfort for the user.
- Lightweight construction
- High-quality rims
- Handlebars are small
- Assembly requires effort
3. Pure Fix Original Fixed Gear Fixie Bike
This is another option that will prove to be perfect for anyone who is looking for the best entry level road bike. Among others, one of the best things about this is its flexibility. As the user, you will have the freedom to choose from freewheel or fixed.
The high-tensile frame is one more feature that will make it an impressive pick. This allows the bike to withstand even the most demanding applications. You can be sure that it will last long and will remain superior even through the years.
Another impressive feature that you can find in this bike is the flip-flop rear wheel hub. The latter will make it easy for users to switch from single speed to fixed gear.
Lastly, it comes with lifetime warranty, which is perhaps one of the reasons why it is popular. This means that the manufacturer guarantees that it will be free from defects. Otherwise, they can have it repaired for free, provided that the warranty is no voided.
- Solid construction
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Crank shaft is a bit flimsy
- Thin saddle
By now, I hope that it is clearer for you that choosing the best entry level road bike is not an easy task. With too many options, deciding which one to pick is going to be challenging. With this, consider the factors we have mentioned as well as the products we have recommended. We took a look at what other people have to say and we also evaluated their features. They have affordable prices, yet you can be sure that their quality is not compromised in any way.