Best Bike Trainer Reviews 2017 – The Ultimate Buyer’s Guide
Biking is one of the best forms of exercise as it targets the different parts of the body. While it is best done outdoors, there is also a way for you to enjoy it indoors. This is possible through having the best bike trainer. Even if the weather outside is not conducive for biking, you can still exercise at the comfort of your own home.
In the rest of this guide, we will have short reviews of five of the best options that can be taken into account, as well as the factors that you should keep in mind as you decide which bike trainer to pick.
Top 5 Best Bike Trainer Reviews
Here is a rundown of the five models that we can recommend.
Essential Factors to Consider
Make sure that the following things are given careful thought as you evaluate the options that are available in the market:
- Types of Indoor Bike Trainer: The first thing that you have to do is to decide on what specifically is it that you need. In this case, the following are the options that you will have:
- Wind: When you pedal, a fan is powered, which, in turn, provides the resistance that is needed. It is simple and affordable. However, some of its drawbacks include being noisy and not having an adjustable resistance.
- Magnetic: A magnetic flywheel is incorporated in the model, which is the one that creates resistance. The adjustable resistance is a good thing, as well as its quiet operations. The range of resistance, however, is limited.
- Fluid: This belongs under the category of magnetic indoor bike trainers. This is popular amongst cyclists because it imitates the feel of biking on the road. However, they can be vulnerable to overheating.
- Rollers: This is the oldest within the product category and challenging to use. It provides a realistic simulation of riding a bike on the road, but you may be prone to falling, especially if you have poor sense of balance.
- Flywheel: They function more than just a trainer. It has a heavy-duty flywheel that will allow you to have intensive training indoors. They offer micro-adjustments and interactive features. However, they are expensive and lack portability.
- Durability: Make sure that the bike trainer is not made from flimsy materials. It should be made to withstand long-term use. Even through the years, it must demonstrate superior quality. Take note as well of the warranty that is offered by the manufacturer so that you can have peace of mind.
- Ease of Use: For sure, no one wants to deal with an indoor bike that is filled with complications. This makes it important to choose one that is user-friendly. It must be effortless for you to get on and off the bike. In addition, it should also require minimal maintenance on your end, making it effortless to retain its best quality even through the years.
- Whisper-Quiet Operations: Many of the bike trainers are known for making a loud noise when they are used. This can be annoying. With this, make sure to pick one that is specifically designed to remain quiet while it is being used.
- Adjustments: You should choose an indoor bike that can offer versatility. This means that it must be able to offer several adjustments, specifically with resistance. This will make it possible for you to adjust the intensity of your workout depending on what you personally prefer.
- Size: This is an important consideration if you have a small space. Make sure that it will be space-efficient. It will also be good if it can be folded so that it will not consume too much space when it is kept in the storage room. Take note of its portability as well, especially if you intend to often have it moved from one place to another.
In your search for the best bike trainer, take note of the fact that they are not all the same. You should consult with reviews from other people to differentiate the options that are available. The experiences of others should make it easier for you to decide on which one will make the right pick. Do not be tempted to purchase one product simply because it is the one with the lowest price. Quality, above all, should be emphasized. To make things easier, consider the options that we have mentioned above, and for sure, you will not end up with regrets.