Best Bike Trailer Reviews (Top 5 Best Rated for Choice)
Are you searching for the best bike trailer? Arriving at the right decision is surely not going to be an easy feat, but we are here to make thing a snap for you. In the rest of this guide, we will discuss five of the best options that are available. We will have short reviews of these products, providing you with insights on what you can expect from each of them. We will also briefly tackle some of the most important considerations that should be kept in mind as you try to differentiate one from the other.
Top 5 Best Bike Trailer Reviews
Below are some of the top options for the best bike trailer, as well as a few of their features that can convince you to have them chosen above other alternatives that you can find in the market.
Things to Consider when Buying
Here are some of the essential factors that should be given careful thought as you evaluate the alternatives that you will be confronted with.
- Type of Trailer: There are many ways by which it will be possible to have bike trailers classified, but one of the most common would be when it comes to their closures. For most parents, they would prefer enclosed trailers, which will provide children with the protection that they need from the harsh heat of the sun and dust, among others. Some, on the other hand, opt for the open trailers, which are better if you want children to feel the air.
- Wheels: The wheels of the trailer will be critical for the comfort that kids can feel. One of the most common materials used is steel, which is cheap and long-lasting, but it can be prone to rusting. A better alternative would be aluminum wheels, which are not only lightweight, but also durable. If you will be using it in uneven terrains, larger wheels are preferred because they can absorb bumps. On the other hand, if maneuverability is more important concern, it is recommended that you pick one with smaller wheels.
- Seat: To be assured of the comfort of your baby, see to it that the trailer comes with well-designed seat. It should be generous enough to support your baby. Most importantly, it should also be well-cushioned so that it will be able to deliver optimal comfort.
- Harness: The best option would be a bike trailer that comes with a 5-point safety harness. This will provide you with peace of mind, knowing that your child is secured inside the trailer. The harness must be easy to adjust and must be able to accommodate the growth of the user. In addition, it should also be padded so that it can deliver comfort.
- Portability: For the bike trailer to be portable, it should be foldable. Once folded, it should have a minimal size, which will make it easy for you to bring it around. This will also mean that it is space-efficient, whether it is stored in your car’s trunk or in the storage room.
- Conditions of Use: If the bike trailer is meant to be used in uneven surfaces, you should pick one that comes with an excellent suspension, which means that shock can be absorbed and hence, the comfort of your child can be assured. If it is meant to be used in the rain, on the other hand, having a protective cover will be necessary. It should also offer UV protection.
- Reflectors: This is one thing that is often ignored by many parents in spite of its importance. This is vital in terms of improving visibility. Especially if you will be using the bike trailer at night. You can be easily seen by other people.
- Versatility: There are many things that will make the trailer versatile. For instance it must be able to accommodate the growth of the child, making it useful even through the years. In addition, by being versatile, there must also be several ways by which you can have it attached in a bike. There are also some bike trailers that have conversion kits so that they can be multifunctional.
Investing in the best bike trailer is definitely a must for any parent, especially for those who are active and who would want to be with their babies all the time. It should be noted, however, that they are not all the same. With these, go back to our short reviews earlier to help you out in making the right decision. Learn from the experiences of other people. Consider the technical specifications and innovative features that you can see in each product. And most importantly, see to it that your decision will not be made on the basis of price alone.